• (703) 496-7722
  • info@ilindralawgroup.com

B Visa (Visitor visas for Bussiness & Pleasure)

  • B Visa Visitor visas for Bussiness & Pleasure

    B Nonimmigrant Visa Category covers alien visitors coming to the United States for Business (B1) and for pleasure (B2). Section 101(a)(15)(B) of the INA. Generally, stays in this visa category are brief. These stays usually involve activities such as touring, visiting family members, obtaining healthcare, or conducting business. These trips cannot involve employment in the United States or undertaking of an academic study program with few exceptions.

    While most visits in the B visa category are short, it is possible under current B rules to obtain a period of admission of ONE YEAR on initial entry to this country. In addition, extensions may be granted for no more than six months at a time.

    It is unusual to grant stay more than six months when an alien visits United States for business purpose. Usually it will be granted only a period of entry necessary to conduct his or her business.

    Application Process: For B Visa category, one needs to apply for the visa directly at the consulate where he resides. No special permission needs to be obtained from the immigration service in the U.S. before a visa is issued. However, once alien is in the United States, he is required to seek extension if he intends to stay longer period than granted, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Contact Us

BBI Law Group, P.C. prides it self in providing prompt, courteous, and professional service to its clients. We have developed a reputation that our firm is one of the most caring places to work with.

Contact Information

1037 Sterling Road, Ste. 102, Herndon, VA 20170.
(703) 496-7722